Pachadi is a curd based dish. Many vegetables are added to the curd to make the pachadi interesting and tasty. This dish is a must in most weddings. Generally cucumber, carrot, onions are added to pachadi. This pachadi is little different. It includes ladies finger, which give a different flavour to the curd. Try it , you will love it.
Recipe taken from Cook and See Vol – I
- Tender ladies finger – 8 to 10 in numbers (chopped in thin round slices),
- Fresh curd – 2 cups,
- Oil – 5 teaspoon,
- Mustard – 1 teaspoon,
- Salt – ¼ teaspoon,
- Green chillies – 2 chopped fine.
- Heat oil in a small pan, add mustard, as it splutters, add green chillies and stir.
- Add the chopped ladies finger and cook till crisp. Keep aside.
- Add salt to the curd. Beat and add the ladies finger. Serve.
- Alternately,shallow fry the ladies finger(chopped) to soft in two teaspoon of oil . Add to the curd, mixed with salt, Season with mustard and green chillies.
- Delicious pachadi is ready. Ideal for summer lunches.