- Dried Green peas 2 cups,
- Oil 2 teaspoons ,
- Mustard 1 teaspoon ,
- Green chillies 4 ( finely chopped )
- Red Chilies 2 ,
- Coconut grated one fourth cup,
- Asafoetida half teaspoon
- Curry leaves few ,
- Coriander (finely chopped ) few ,
- Ginger (grated ) half teaspoon ,
- Salt One teaspoon or as required .
- Soak the green peas for eight hours . Pressure cook adding salt , till three whistles or cook till soft but not mushy.
- In a saute pan or a small iron kadai ,add oil and heat .
- Add mustard , as it splutters , add green chillies ,red chillies, grated ginger , curry leaves and asafoetida . Stir for a minute or so .
- Add the cooked peas and grated coconut and mix .
- Serve hot .
- One can avoid the coconut in Sundal and serve them plain with just the seasonings.
- One can add chopped onions , garam masala ,puffed rice and omapodi or sev to the above sundal ,if eaten as a snack or a starter .